Found this 1950's homemade lathe table for sale. My son-in-law and I split the cost on it; he took the lathe and I took the table.
Here's what I did to it:
- Sanded the entire piece. Distressed the original mint green paint to satisfaction and heavier sanding on the top.
- Reinforced legs with L brackets for stability.
- Applied a generous amount of wax bar soap to the drawers tracks and rails foe smoother operation.
- 3 to 4 coats of polyurethane.
- Mounted a hotel grade lamp with usb port over the lathes belt drive hole.
The foyer table is about 5' long and a perfect match and fit for my kitchen prep area.